CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

6/24/2010

18. Try 25 new recipes (3/25)

I love to grocery shop. I coupon/sale shop so I tend to stock up our pantry a lot. We're moving in a few months so I'm trying to "pantry cook" and use up more of what we have on hand. The other day I was looking in my cookbook for directions on how to hard boil eggs (no, I don't know how) and saw a recipe for Huevos Rancheros. I had everything I needed and knew I had to try it!

It was DELISH! Glen and I both loved it. (Caleb missed out on this meal.) I made the salsa a little too spicy. I added re-fried beans to the recipe, spreading them on the tortilla before adding the eggs. We had them for dinner and it was a very filling meal. I will absolutely make this again!

(and an update on #47)
My veggie garden is doing pretty well. The zucchini have sprouted and are a few inches tall with flowers. The tomato plant is a little weak looking, but I got 1 tomato out of it so far!

1 comments:

Cici

It does sound so yummy!

Post a Comment