CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

4/19/2012

The Invention of Hugo Cabret


16. Read 50 books (31/50)


I just finished reading The Invention of Hugo Cabret. I had seen the movie after the Academy Awards. The movie was captivating, and several of my friends mentioned reading the book. I borrowed it from the library and was not sure what to expect! The book is over 500 pages, a graphic novel and from the children's section. Hmmm. I finished it in a little over an hour and was left with a MEH feeling. I felt the novel was rushed, and didn't include a lot of details. The graphics inside are beautiful and extremely detailed, but they didn't capture me as strongly as words. Perhaps watching the movie first ruined it for me. The movie was amazing, lots of detail, again just captivating. 


I guess my final piece of advice is, see the movie. :D 

0 comments:

Post a Comment