CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5/06/2010

18. Try 25 new recipes (1/25)

I love trying new recipes. I follow a bunch of food blogs and am constantly "starring" new recipes in my Google Reader. I am lucky to have a husband who enjoys a variety of foods and is never afraid to try something new. Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo and one of my favorite blogs posted a long list of Mexican inspired recipes. I couldn't resist trying this one, Taco Meatloaf Patties. I had everything we needed in our pantry and we love Mexican foods.


I didn't make the Mac & Cheese from the post, because we were out of elbow noodles and butter. (How can I possibly be out of butter?!) I made a side dish of mexican cheesy rice - brown rice mixed with salsa and cheese. We also had corn.

So the result, overall a great dinner. The meatloaf patties were too salty. The recipe called for 2t of salt, which is a lot and if I had been thinking I would not have added it all. However, I didn't add all the chili powder because Glen doesn't like super spicy foods. Maybe the spice would have offset the salty taste. But all of us (even Caleb!) enjoyed dinner and I was able to make up 4 lunches for Glen to take to work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment