CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5/09/2010

Bread, books & pasta - oh my!

16. Read 50 books (1/50)
I'm trying to read through my library book sale stash. I have at least 6 books I bought over a year ago and haven't touched yet. Last week I read Johnny Angel by Danielle Steel. It was a short book and was a fun way to enjoy the afternoon while Caleb was away.

29. Bake something once a month for a whole year (1/12)
While Caleb was away at Grandma's for the weekend, the bananas sat on the counter getting a little too ripe. I love a good loaf of banana bread, so on Monday morning Caleb & I made up a loaf. I've made this recipe several times, it's easy and tastes great. (especially spread with butter!) This is my first month baking, I hope to keep it up for the next 11 months!

18. Try 25 new recipes (2/25)
I tried out a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti the other night. It was alright, I will probably not make it again. The recipe was easy enough, but the pasta absorbed the sauce and made the dish dry. I used whole wheat pasta, maybe it would be better with regular pasta. The first night we had it you could not taste the buffalo flavor at all. I made a 2nd batch of sauce to pour on top when we had leftovers, and I still was not that impressed. I love trying new pasta recipes, but this will not be part of our regular menus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment