CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3/15/2011

Johnny Depp and other delicious things...





29. Bake something once a month for a whole year
(8/12)

Last month I attempted to bake a banana pumpkin chocolate chip bread. :) Try to say that 3 times fast! I had a recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread and planned to add bananas to it. I added 2 bananas, and about .5 cup extra pumpkin. Then I threw in some oats to help absorb the extra moisture. This bread smelled SO good while baking, but it was just too much for one pan. The edges cooked up nicely but the center was still ra
w & gooey. Glen (aka, the human garbage disposal) ate it anyway. I would like to attempt this again, but I will probably use a real recipe!

Yesterday, I made Glen a birthday cake! It was a box mix, so of course it was delicious. I made a strawberry cake with vanilla icing, and decorated the top. It was enjoyed by all!

18. Try 25 new recipes (7/25) AND 77. Have 10 "at home" date nights (1/10)
Glen & I have been trying to have more date nights at home. One of my online friends recently blogged about a six week date challenge, and it inspired me!

Anyway, I decided on a movie theme night around "Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street." Our dinner for the evening, was of course MEAT PIES! If you've never seen the movie, the sinfully delicious Johnny Depp plays a barber who slits peoples' throats and then makes them into meat pies. Tasty huh? I followed Pillsbury's recipe for Beef Empanadas and it was awesome! The crusts were perfect, the filling had a nice spice....totally making this again!

1 comments:

Joyful Sparrow

I really admire your whole long list of goals!! Such great ideas to accomplish :-)

Post a Comment