CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

4/19/2011

18. Try 25 new recipes (9/25)

8. I recently tried a new pizza dough recipe. It was a success! The dough was much easier to work with than my previous recipe, and I love that it makes enough for 6 small pizzas. I made 3 one week, and froze the other 3 for the next week. Now I just have to practice making round pizzas...mine are always an odd shape:)

9. I was able to snag 2 free tubs of Philadelphia Cooking Creme during HT's last Super Doubles event. The recipes on the package seemed blah, so I started Googling for other ideas. Someone suggested using the cream cheese in a vodka sauce. I used this recipe as a base, below is what I made. It was REALLY good and super easy!

Becky's Vodka Sauce

  • 1/4 Cup Butter
  • 1/2 Onion, diced
  • 1/2 cup Vodka
  • 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes (I used Furmano's Chunky Crushed with Basil/Garlic/Oregano)
  • 1 tub Philadelphia Cooking Creme, Savory Garlic Flavor
In a skillet over medium heat, saute onion in butter until slightly brown and soft. Pour in vodka and let cook for 10 minutes. Mix in crushed tomatoes and cook for 30 minutes. Add in cream cheese and cook until melted. Serve over your favorite pasta.

0 comments:

Post a Comment